IT Audit is a service dedicated at all companies, local government institutions, healthcare and public administration units which aim at computerisation and need an independent expert’s opinion in the field of IT solutions. It is mainly dedicated at those entities which do not have appropriate resources able to conduct independent evaluation of their developmental needs. The service also covers the possibility of the analysis of problems and errors appearing in IT infrastructure and presentation of a reliable diagnosis.
The audit allows for:
- określenie planów rozwoju infrastruktury IT,
- wyznaczenie minimalnych nakładów potrzebnych na osiągnięcie celów rozwojowych,
- wyznaczenie środków zaradczych w rozwiązaniu problemów zgłoszonych przed audytem,
- zaproponowanie rozwiązań z zakresu nowych technologii IT,
- uzyskanie bezstronnej opinii dotyczącej kierunków rozwoju IT.
IT Audit is a service consisting of 2 stages: audit and control as well as preparation of results.
Audit and control
The stage concerns the inspection of the following elements:
- IT infrastructure – office devices, servers, computer network, data security copy, IT security,
- Software – virtualisation, operating systems, system software, applications,
- Safety of personal details and their processing,
- Legal status of software,
- Information Safety Management System (SZBI) – according to PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2013 norm.
Also conducting so called internal audit is possible – before certifying audit – on the basis of PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2013 norm.
Preparation of results
Information gathered during an audit serve the purpose of preparing a report, which includes the following:
- actual state of affairs, including:
- information as to compliance of firmware with the record,
- information as to software compliance with possessed licences,
- analysis of IT architecture,
- analysis of compliance with established procedures,
- description of detected irregularities,
- recommendation of changes or preparation of development recommendations,
- initial cost calculation.